• Luis Rengifo (.872 OPS over the two weeks) has slowly been moving up the lineup.
• Several injuries (Brantley, Alvarez, Pena) have the lineup influx over the last few days.
• Jake Meyers (.524 OPS in 21 PA) has started six straight since coming off the IL while batting eighth or ninth.
• Nick Allen (.250/.339/.385, 1 HR, 1 SB) has started in nine of 10 games while mainly batting ninth. In 206 AAA PA, Allen stole 10 bases.
• Stephen Piscotty (.649 OPS) has started three straight games while batting in the heart of the lineup since coming off the IL.
• Cavan Biggio (.743 OPS, 2 HR, 1 SB) has started in just six of the last 10 games.
• Josh Naylor (.940 OPS vs RHP, .540 OPS vs LHP) has sat against four of the last five lefties.
• Whenever Steven Kwan (.801 OPS in June) starts, he is batting leadoff. He has sat against the last three lefties (.656 OPS vs LHP, .765 OPS vs RHP).
• Oscar Gonzalez (.638 OPS over the last two weeks) has dropped from batting cleanup to seventh.
• Carlos Santana (.675 OPS, 4 HR) has hit fourth or fifth since joining the team.
• The 23-year-old Jonathan Araúz (.342 MLB OPS, 1.084 AAA OPS). He has no power and speed and needed a .714 BABIP to make his AAA number look legit.
• Josh H. Smith (.258/.439/.290, 0 HR, 2 SB) has leadoff in three of the last four games but sat against a lefty starter.
• Leody Taveras (.289/.325/.395, 1 HR, 1 SB) has started in just seven of the last 10 games
• Isaac Paredes (.243/.305/.598, 11 HR, 0 SB) has started five straight.
• Harold Ramirez (.306/.357/.406, 3 HR, 3 SB) has started four straight, two against righties.
• Jackie Bradley Jr. (.55S OPS, .423 OPS in June) has started in eight of the last 10 games.
• The bottom half is in flux with Perez on the IL, Olivares off the IL, Santana traded away, and Pasquantino called up.
• Hunter Dozier (.251/.318/.412, 7 HR, 2 SB) has started in nine of the last ten games.
• Edward Olivares (.308/.345/.500, 2 HR, 2 SB) has sat against two of the three righties since coming off the IL.
• Vinnie Pasquantino has hit fifth or sixth since being called up from AAA where he was hitting .280/.372/.576 with 18 HR and 3 SB.
• The team has been using a versus righty and a versus lefty lineup.
• Eric Haase (.215/.264/.388, 5 HR) is starting every other day at catcher.
• Robbie Grossman (.254/.328/.407, 2 HR, 0 SB in June) leads off against lefties.
• Jose Miranda (.692 OPS) wasn’t playing every day but has moved to first base in the last three games. Alex Kirilloff (.635 OPS) has moved to the outfield and Nick Gordon (.687 OPS) is now on the bench.
• Gilberto Celestino (.696 OPS, 0 HR, 0 SB) has started four straight while batting ninth.
• Gavin Sheets (.642 OPS in 2022, .906 OPS over the past two weeks) has started seven straight games, six in the outfield.
• AJ Pollock (.641 OPS, .491 OPS the past two weeks) has started in only seven of the last 10 games.
• Jake Burger (.523 OPS in June) hasn’t started for three straight games and he has no reported injury.
• It’s the same nine-man rotation for the eight non-catcher spots.
• Tyrone Taylor (.694 OPS, 9 HR, 1 SB) has made 13 straight starts.
• David Bote (.769 OPS in 17 PA) has started in five of six games since coming off the IL.
• Buddy Kennedy (.644 OPS, 1 HR) has started four straight and is hitting in the middle third of the lineup.
• Steady except for injuries.
• This lineup is such a mess with several guys coming and going and everyone seemly in a platoon.
• LaMonte Wade Jr. is off the IL and hit leadoff in his first game back against a righty.
• Joc Pederson (.934 OPS, 17 HR) has started eight straight including two lefties (.804 OPS vs LHP, .954 OPS vs RHP).
• James McCann (.504 OPS) has been the starting catcher in three of the last four games since coming off the IL.
• Ha-Seong Kim 김하성 (.622 OPS in June) has started 13 straight games.
• Darick Hall (.269/.346/.548, 20 HR, 5 SB in AAA) has hit cleanup in the last two games. Also, he’s hit two home runs so far.
• Bligh Madris (.795 OPS) has started in nine of the last 11 games and hit third in the last two.
• For some reason I can not comprehend, Josh VanMeter (.613 OPS, 3 HR, 2 SB) has started four straight games. VanMeter might be on the strong side of a platoon with Michael Chavis (.704 OPS, 8 HR) the facing lefties.
• Stable with just one spot cycling through a handful of players.
• With Kris Bryant coming off the IL, the outfield is a little crowded and it’s not obvious how the playing time will work out going forward.